Certification Exam Call for Subject Matter Experts
Join the effort to revise the SCDM Certification Exam
SCDM is revising the Certified Clinical Data Manager (CCDM®) exam and we are asking for volunteers to perform the valuable function of reviewing and critiquing draft exam items. Thirty volunteers are needed.
- Attending a 2 hour training session on certification exam item writing and critiquing
- Attending three Item Review Panel (IRP) meetings where draft exam items are presented and critiqued. Each IRP call will cover 6-10 draft items and last 2-3 hours
- The calls will occur between June and August 2017
- All item reviewers are required to have a current CCDM® certification
- IRP calls will be held via webcast; internet access for the IRP meetings is required
- All item reviewers will be held to strict confidentiality regarding draft exam items and content discussed on the calls and will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement prior to participation
- Item reviewers must not be planning to take the certification exam as their next recertification route
Interested in Serving as an Item Reviewer?
If you are interested in contributing to the profession in this way and being a part of the Certification Exam, please contact Abby Brdlik (email@example.com) with your full name as it appears on your CCDM® certificate.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs): All volunteers attending the training and three Item Review Panel web meetings will receive 1.4 CEUs that can be applied towards CCDM® recertification. This is the same level of CEUS as attending the SCDM Fall Conference.
We recognize that everyone is busy with work and the rest of life. Taking time to serve as a Certification Exam item reviewer and to contribute to the future of our profession is greatly appreciated. We look forward to hearing from each of you!
Meredith Nahm Zozus
GCDMP Editor in Chief
Content Alignment Taskforce Chairman
Certification Committee Chairman
And the SCDM Board of Trustees