Updates from the Board - March 2018
By Jennifer Price
SCDM Welcome letter March 2018
Are you ready for Spring? I certainly am!
We are doing some spring cleaning here at SCDM, cleaning up the website and adding content, refreshing the GCDMP content and continuing to grow and add new options to our members worldwide. It is certainly an exciting time to be in the Clinical Data Management field with all the new technology options and push for continued patient centricity. We would love to hear what is new for our members. Please drop us a note, or better yet, jump to our Linkedin group page here: to start a conversation with your peers in the industry.
Some people may be getting ready for spring break, but SCDM is continuing to focus on Education.
From our website:
“SCDM is organized exclusively for educational purposes. Through collaborations and partnerships, the Society creates a network of professionals driving the industry forward and create new offerings that will support Clinical Data Management professionals, from all horizons and career levels.”
Some of the upcoming educational opportunities in the form of courses, webinars, meetings are:
- March 5-April 1: Project management for the Data manager – online webinar
- March 10 – Cyber Physical Version 4.0: Transformation of project management skills to handle the disruptive innovation – Chennai, India
- March 21 : Regulations, Guidances, and Why? Oh My! – online webinar
- April 2-May 6 : Developing Data Management Plans– online course
- April 18 – Data Validation: We’re still using EDC, then where have the data discrepancies gone? – online webinar
- May 7-June 3 : Managing Clinical Trials using Electric Data Capture – online course
- May 30-31 : SCDM Leadership Forum in London
Did you know that our courses combine self-study and instructor-led lessons? Participants complete one module per week, moving through the course as a group, including contribution to asynchronous discussions. Projects have deadlines according to a predetermined schedule. An orientation will be held via webcast one week prior to course start to discuss technology needs and course expectations.
There are many on-demand courses available anytime, and look for a new on-demand course on mHealth coming soon!
Please consider attending a SCDM course to earn CEUs or attending a webinar to further your skills!
As always, we would love to see you at the SCDM events worldside!
SCDM Board of Trustees
As a reminder:
Call for Abstracts is on, deadline April 26 : https://www.scdm2018.org/learn/call-for-abstracts/